If you are injured on the job and lose time from work, there are a series of important steps that you should complete:

  • File an accident report as soon as possible, even if you think the accident is minor.
  • Make a note for yourself of any witnesses to the event.
  • Make an appointment to see your doctor as soon as possible and note that this was an on-the-job-injury.
  • File a claim with your district for Worker's Compensation for lost time.
  • Read your contract regarding on the job injuries.
  • Contact your local association representative or UniServ representative if your claim is rejected.

If you are contacted to be evaluated by a second doctor, please note that you are required to comply.